request for funding
ELIGIBILITY: Organizations that are eligible for a grant from The Firstenburg Foundation must meet ALL the following criteria:
- Have either a tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, operate under a fiscal agent that is a 501(c)(3) organization, or be a school, unit of government, or other qualified organization.
- Provide direct services in Southwest Washington (defined as Clark, Cowlitz, Klickitat, and Skamania counties).
- If an organization has received funding from The Firstenburg Foundation for the previous three consecutive calendar years, it must refrain from reapplying for one calendar year.
LIMITATIONS: The Firstenburg Foundation does NOT fund:
- Event sponsorships
- Hospital foundations
- Sectarian religious purposes (churches and faith-based organizations are eligible if programming serves the community).
GRANT AMOUNTS/TYPES OF GRANTS: The Firstenburg Foundation WILL consider:
- Grant amounts in the range of $5,000 – $50,000. If your needs fall outside of this range, please contact Foundation staff prior to applying.
- Requests for capacity building, capital, operating, or programmatic support. At times, multi-year grants may be approved.
- Issuing a challenge or matching grant if it feels it would be beneficial to the organization.