request for funding
Current Grant Programs
The Firstenburg Foundation will accept applications for its 2024 Small Nonprofit Grant Program starting January 1st through September 30th. This program is focused on providing resources to help build capacity within our smaller nonprofits and grassroots organizations.
Who is eligible for funding?
Small nonprofit – 501c3 organization with less than 250k in annual revenue.
Grassroots organization – may be a 501c3 or utilize a fiscal sponsor. Refers to local people working together to find solutions to problems in their communities. Grassroots groups are organizations that do not just reflect the voices of those people most affected by the issue being addressed but are responsive to and led by these constituencies.
Region – organizations must provide direct services in Southwest Washington (defined as Clark, Cowlitz, Klickitat, and Skamania counties).
How much are the grant awards?
Grants will be for $10,000 a year for 3 years (total of $30,000) per organization.
What are the capacity building funding priorities?
- Partnerships and coalitions – programs that build partnerships and coalitions among groups to work together for more equitable neighborhoods. Examples include projects that address shared community priorities, coalition building, and building capacity for diverse groups.
- Leadership – work that builds leadership among community members to organize and lead positive change in their communities. Examples include training, or projects planned and led by community members.
- Personal/professional development/training – support for projects designed to show staff support: leadership development opportunities (coaching, mentoring programs, conferences, workshops, etc.); meals or other employee incentives to promote a positive work environment and culture.
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion – Support specific work around DEI organizational education and practices.
- Technology – support for computer and video hardware or software needs including websites, social media, accounting, and relationship management systems.
- Addition of new team member, increase current paid staff or consultant – support for a new position, increasing the hours for a current position or the hiring of an external consultant to grow the organization and serve more community members.
What are the exclusions?
- Organizations with annual income greater than $250,000
- PTA/PTO/Booster Clubs
- Event Sponsorships
- Sports clubs/teams
- Organizations who have received funding from this program for three years in a row.