The Firstenburg Foundation prioritizes requests related to Basic Needs/Health and Human Services and Education, from organizations working in Southwest Washington.
The support of The Firstenburg Foundation is categorized into four major areas of priority:
CUMULATIVE GRANTS AWARDED BY CATEGORY (in millions)
- Millions of Dollars Awarded
PERCENTAGE OF GRANT APPLICATIONS APPROVED BY CATEGORY
- Health & Human Services
- Community Development
- Arts & Culture
Basic Needs/Health and Human Services
Includes organizations and programs that provide:
- Food and nutrition services
- Physical and mental health services
- Domestic violence services
- Shelter for the homeless, rent and utility assistance, and affordable housing
- Advocacy for children and families
- Programs to help youth mature into adults who contribute to society
Includes schools, libraries, organizations, and programs that promote and provide:
- Learning and intellectual development from cradle to grave, from preschools through post-graduate schools and adult learning programs.
- Support for students with special needs
- Vocational and technical training
The Firstenburg Foundation supports organizations that deliver direct services in Southwest Washington (defined as Clark, Cowlitz, Klickitat, and Skamania counties).